Thursday, March 29, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
I am really loving this easy and affordable way to glam up your shoes!
What you will need:
- Closed toe heeled pumps or boots (basically any style that has a closed front bit)
- Nail polish of your choice
- Cello tape or masking tape
How to do it:
- Cut two pieces of cello tape and stick it on the front of your shoes as far as you want the tip to be. (try and get it even and the same on both sides, measure it if you are not sure)
- Start painting with the polish in an even layer on both shoes and let it dry.
- When it is dry (it took about 5 min on my shoes) give it another coat
- If it looks opaque (this has to do with the consistency of the nail polish you are using) then wait until its dry and carefully start peeling off the cello tape.
- Check if there are any bits that need to be filled in and do it with a really small brush or toothpick (mine were perfect so no need)
Strut your stuff in your new fab shoes!
Source: Superficial Girls
Some other examples
The same process can also be used to get these looks, just tape off the desired areas and paint :)
Friday, March 16, 2012
Here is a quick and easy way to turn an old scarf or piece of material into a cute new skirt.. No cutting or sewing required!!
You will need a piece of material (cotton works well) 2,5m long and 150cm wide. Fold the material in half so that it is only 75cm wide. Begin as follows. Remember to wrap it nice and tight too!