So lately I haven't been writing very much on my blog, instead I just let the shoes do the talking. It is no secret that I have a thing about shoes. Some might say too much of a thing. I mean I do have a blog dedicated to just shoes, I have so many shoes that I don't even know how many I have (I'm guessing 100 pairs??), my summer shoes are being stored in the garage because there isn't space in my closet (once summer comes I store the winter ones!) and I have zero will power when it comes to resisting buying more shoes!
So why exactly do I love shoes you ask? Here are some reasons:
1. Shoes never make you feel fat. Who cares if you have to go up a size in shoes, they are shoes, not a skirt. Your feet didn’t grow, it is not the chips you ate last night, it is absolutely, positively, the shoes’ fault.
2. You always, always need another pair of shoes. No one can ever say you don’t. There is always an outfit, or an event you don’t have shoes for. If not, buy an outfit you don’t have shoes for or make up an event.
3. Shoe shopping always makes you feel better. Don’t believe me? Try it sometime.
4. Shoes are pretty.
5. You can buy cheap shoes. With Mr Price, Legit and Woolies, you don’t have to spend a lot to find the latest styles. If they last a season, who cares? Throw them out.
6. High heels make you look taller. And thinner...
7. Feel like you are too conservative? Just buy a pair of red heels. Wear them. Voila, you are now one hot chick! Shoes can change the whole look of an outfit in less than a minute. And the way you feel.
8. And, of course, the right shoes can make you feel like a million dollars.
And on the topic..I saw these shoes today and had, I mean had to have them. Especially since they were 50% off thanks to a sale. Forget that I have nowhere to wear them. Forget that I have nothing to wear them with. Forget that I am on a budget. Forget that I’ll probably break my neck trying to walk in them. Forget all of those things. When you have an addiction, you have an addiction and that good sense you had is thrown to the wind...